The Spanish Armada DVD
Age Range: 7-11
Product Code: LS050250
* Price excludes VAT
My Wish List
3 x 20-minute programmes
In 1588, Phillip II of Spain launched the greatest fleet ever to sail against England; the Armada. This vivid three-part drama reconstructs the events surrounding the defeated Spanish invasion and give an overview of the political and religious tensions of the time.
The action is set against a background of daily life amongst seamen, merchants, and families, both rich and poor. Pupils' interest will be engaged by the role and perspective of younger characters in the unfolding events, while the unfolding drama encourages an understanding for the key events and social history of the Elizabethan era.
- Cause and effect of a major historical event
- Attitudes, beliefs and lifestyles
- Divided loyalties of English Catholics
- The lives of rich and poor people in Tudor Times
- Characteristic features of Tudor society
- First Encounter
- Family Against Family
Included FREE on this DVD are embedded support materials to help with classroom discussions and activities
- Video footage, helping you to improve results
- The DVD will support the many different learning styles in your class
- DVDs offer greater flexibility and control, making them easy to incorporate into your lessons
- Can be used on computers with DVD-Rom drives and ideal for use on interactive whiteboards
- Fully searchable, allowing you to go straight to what you need
- The DVD is eLC eligible
Free interactive Essentials website.