Number & Shape, Space and Measures
Age Range: 7-11
Product Code: LS050267
* Price excludes VAT
My Wish List
2 x 75-minute programmes
This double-disc compilation investigates mathematics in a variety of real-world settings and show how the crafts of different cultures, whether traditional or modern, have been inspired by maths. This DVD brings fun and interest to maths through animation, music, rap and poetry.
- Numbers and the number system
- Solving problems
- Shape and space
- Links to Design and Technology, Art and ICT
Drawing on animation to support pupils in their visualisation of numerical properties, Number explores mathematics with music, rap and poetry to underline the rhythmic nature of many numerical relationships. The series explores topics including the number systems, place value, estimation scales and the solving of numerical problems.
The programmes promote language awareness through footage of children reciting numbers and exploring number patterns in a variety of community and Western European languages.
Shape, Space and Measures
These 'maths from design' programmes show creative processes that draw on an understanding of shape, space and measures.
In each programme, artists and designers reveal their working methods and show how their designs depend on mathematics. Methods are drawn from a wide range of cultures using traditional methods, including weaving, folding and Computer Aided Design. These visual examples, encourage pupils to create their own maths-based designs.
Included FREE on this DVD are embedded support materials to help with classroom discussions and activities.
- Video footage, helping you to improve results.
- The DVD will support the many different learning styles in your class
- DVDs offer greater flexibility and control, making them easy to incorporate into your lessons
- Can be used on computers with DVD-Rom drives and ideal for use on interactive whiteboards
- Fully searchable, allowing you to go straight to what you need
- The DVD is eLC eligible