Sustainable Development: Consumer Responsibility
Age Range: 14-19
Product Code: LS443444
* Price excludes VAT
- Programme Notes
My Wish List
6 x 25-minute programmes
Sustainable Development: Consumer Responsibility DVD
This DVD contains two series. World of Difference explores three very different groups of young people who won the opportunity to spend £10,000 on a project that could change a small part of the world for the better. The programme follows their progress as they plan their projects and then travel across the world to transform the lives of communities elsewhere. Consumer Power looks at the human and environmental impacts some of our consumer choices have on the world.
- Consumer Power
- Rights and responsibilities
- Globalisation and consumer responsibility
- Human rights, business and enterprise, and campaigning
- Decision making and its human and environmental impact
- Links with geography resource issues and sustainable development World of Difference
- Social change locally and internationally
- Global interdependence and responsibility, including sustainable development
- Working co-operatively
- Active citizenship as a life-skill
- Positive examples of diversity
- Up-to-date real life case studies that will motivate and engage students
- The case studies are ideal for class debates and will allow your students to problem solve in a real life context
- The DVD is fully subtitled
- Can be used on computers with DVD-Rom drives and ideal for use on interactive whiteboards
- Fully searchable, allowing you to go straight to what you need
Subject Area Covered
World of Difference
- Chocolates: What goes into a chocolate bar? What do the terms 'organic' and 'fair trade' actually mean? Uses examples from a cocoa co-operative in Ghana.
- T-shirts: The environmental impact of cotton production, the difficulties of ensuring an 'ethical' supply chain and a look at alternative textiles for the future.
- Mobile Phones: How the pressure to upgrade mobile phones impacts on the world's resources and what happens to recycled phones.