1. General Information
Espresso Education, Hythe House, 200 Shepherd's Bush Road, Hammersmith, London W6 7NL ("Espresso") owns and is responsible for the content of the Channel 4 Learning website found at www.channel4learning.com ("C4L Website"). However, some of the areas of the C4L Website, for example, www.channel4learning.com/shop or www.channel4learning.com/sites/gcsease, may have specific terms and conditions, including privacy statements that relate to their specific content, practices and use of personal information. When visiting any areas of the C4L Website users should consult any other additional privacy statements available.
2. Channel4learning.com Privacy Statement
Espresso will use any personal information collected from the C4L Website in accordance with all laws and regulations relating to the protection of personal data including the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Data Protection Act"). Further details on the Data Protection Act can be found on the Information Commissioner's website
3. What information do we collect and why?
The information collected on the C4L Website includes:
1. Users' Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, which is automatically logged by our web server. IP addresses are used to observe users' interest in this website (number of visits, etc).
2. Cookies are very small text files saved to your computer used to track user navigation around a website. Session cookies are also used to store information on which content, including advertisements, have been seen by a user. Some areas of the C4L Website may also use persistent cookies which are permanently stored on the users' computer. Espresso will use such cookies to identify unique users to the C4L Website. They are not cross-referenced with any other information such that an individual person could be identified.
We currently contract with online partners to help manage and optimise the C4L Website, including a company to help us measure how visitors use the site. The type of information we collect includes content viewed, pages, site sections and videos. By supplementing our records, this information helps us learn things like what pages are most attractive to our visitors, which of our products most interest our customers, and what kinds of offers our customers like to see. Although our marketing company logs the information coming from our site on our behalf, we control how that data may and may not be used. If you do not want to help us learn how to improve our site, products, offers and marketing strategy, you can "opt-out" of this website analysis tool by visiting the Contact Us section of this site.
Disabling/Enabling Cookies - users have the ability to accept or disable cookies by modifying the settings in their browser. Disabling cookies however may mean that some functionality may be affected. For further directions on how to disable cookies please visit the All About Cookies website.
3. E-mail addresses and/or other contact details which users voluntarily provide in order to:
- provide products and services to you;
- basic profiling purposes (whether undertaken by Espresso or by third parties on Espresso's behalf);
- let you know about other products and services in which you may be interested;
- inform you about changes and improvements to the C4L Website;
- register for competitions and other premium content; and
- participate in discussion forums (see below).
There are opportunities on the C4L Website to receive e-mail communications alerting you to news and offers. You may choose not to receive these.
Espresso will not disclose voluntarily provided details to third parties or use the information in any other way without your prior written consent. On all pages where personal data is collected, specific details on the use of this information will be provided.
4. Your rights
You have the right to access your information held by Espresso and, where necessary, to have it amended. You can also request not to receive marketing information from Espresso. For more details, please contact: Espresso Education Limited, Hythe House, 200 Shepherd's Bush Road, Hammersmith, London, W6 7NL, UK, or visit the Contact Us section of this site. We may require you to provide verification of your identity and to pay an administration fee to provide a copy of the information we hold. Please note that in certain circumstances we may withhold access to your information where we have the right to do so under current data protection legislation.
5. Chatroom and Forums
Users are reminded that chat rooms and forums are for public discussion. Any personal information supplied by users during these discussions is widely accessible. Espresso is not responsible for the content posted by users of these services.
6. Links to other websites
This website contains links to other sites that are completely unrelated to Espresso. This privacy statement does not apply to these sites nor are we responsible for the content and practices of these websites.
7.Changes to our privacy statement
This privacy statement may change at any time, so you may wish to check it each time you visit the C4L Website.